Empire Americana 2014 - Saturday 8/2/14
2nd Annual Empire Americana
After a rock'n music festival last summer, Empire Americana is back. So get yourself to the mountains of Empire, Colorado and enjoy some great music, people and mountains.
Lineup Saturday 8/2/14
Gates Open @ 12:00 PM
Gates Close @ 10:00 PM
Tickets & Shirts
Adult $20 presale / $25 day of
Military or Senior $15 presale / $20 day of
Teen (13 to 17) $10 presale / $15 day of
Free for kids 12 and under.
Free camping with festival ticket.
Shirts $10 presale / $15 day of
Buy tickets and shirts below on the squareup market link.
Minton Park and Ball field
S Main St and Cemetery Rd
Empire, Colorado 80438
1. Where is Empire? - 45 minutes west of Denver on I-70 at exit 232.
2. What's the altitude? - 8600 feet.
3. What's the population? - 400 +/- depending on the year.
4. How old is Empire? - Empire was settled in 1860 during the Colorado gold and silver rush.
5. Why is it called Empire? - Many of the early miners were from New York which was nicknamed the Empire State.
6. What is Americana Music? - "Americana is contemporary music that incorporates elements of various American roots music styles, including country, roots-rock, folk, bluegrass, R&B and blues, resulting in a distinctive roots-oriented sound that lives in a world apart from the pure forms of the genres upon which it may draw. While acoustic instruments are often present and vital, Americana also often uses a full electric band." (http://americanamusic.org/what-americana)
7. Is there any famous Americana Music? - Yes!!! Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, John Fullbright, Keb Mo, Old Crow Medicine Show, Dolly Parton, String Cheese Incident.
Camping is free with your festival admission so enjoy the music, mountains and be responsible.
Three camping areas will be provided.
1. West: west side of ball field for those who want easy music access and enjoy the late night crowd.
2. Meadow: parking for those in self contained trailers and RVs.
3. East: a family zone on the east side of the ball field by playground for those who have kids or just want to get some sleep after the music.
Do bring friends and family
Do bring chairs and blankets
Do bring snacks and drinks (food and drink vendors will also be onsite, outside alcohol prohibited)
Do kick back and relax
Do sing and dance until it hurts
Do have fun and be smart
Do respect the town, park and neighbors
Do NOT bring pets
Do NOT bring outside alcohol (bags will be checked, previously opened disposable water bottles prohibited)
Do NOT bring glass / bottles
Do NOT start a campfire except in authorized fire pits
Terms & Conditions
Times and order are subject to change depending on the weather and other unforeseen events. But Empire Americana will go rain or shine and is prepared with a large festival tent and several smaller tents for shade or rain if needed.
Please know with every ticket purchase all ticket holders HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the promoters, participants, sanctioning organizations or any subdivision thereof, any organizers, rescue personnel, promoters, sponsors, advertisers, owners and lessees of premises used to conduct the EVENT, premises and event inspectors, surveyors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions or engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the premises or EVENT and each of them, their directors, officers, agents and employees, all for the purpose herein referred to as “Releasees,” FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, his personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin FOR ANY AND ALL LOSS OR DAMAGE, AND ANY CLAIM OR DEMANDS THEREFOR ON ACCOUNT OF INJURY TO THE PERSON OR PROPERTY OR RESULTING IN DEATH OF THE UNDERSIGNED ARISING OUT OF OR RELTED TO THE EVENT(S), WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
Ticket holders HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees and each of them FROM ANY LOSS, LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR COST they may incur arising out of or related to the EVENT WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
Ticket holder HEREBY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE arising out of or related to the EVENT whether caused by the NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.